Geospatial Information Technologist
Falcon Eye Drones:
Falcon Eye Drones (FEDS) is a UAE-based drone-powered solutions company. FEDS is one of the first businesses in the Middle East and Africa region to provide commercial drone services as well as the first drone company to receive International Business Excellence Awards. FEDS capitalizes the advancements in drones technologies and the rise of emerging technologies such as AI and IoT. FEDS innovates processes, systems and solutions that shapes the future across all industry verticals in nowadays Data Powered Economies and Societies. It strives to provide each business with safer, faster, and more cost-effective solutions to improve business decision and strategic planning. FEDS is formally registered as a drone’s operator with both GCAA and DCAA in UAE.Location:
Dubai, UAEReport To:
Managing DirectorVacancy Type:
Thursday, January 10, 2019Closing Date:
Open until filledJob Summary:
Geospatial Information Technologist will provide strategic and operational leadership to Falcon Eye Drones in development of geospatial technologies that enables in-depth and tailored applications and solutions in areas such as construction, utilities, agriculture, environment, natural resources, quarry & mining, industrial inspection, urban planning, Oil & Gas. The incumbent will report to Managing Director and work in consultation and collaboration with FEDS’ Chief Innovation Officer as well as other Heads of Departments.Job Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in Geospatial technology.
- Perform computer programming, data analysis, or software development for Geospatial and Geomatics applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements.
- Produce data layers, maps, tables, or reports, using spatial analysis procedures or Geo-informatics technology, equipment, or systems.
- Perform integrated or computerized geospatial analyses to address specific Geomatics projects.
- Create, edit, compile, integrate and analyze various geospatial data including remote sensing imageries and cartographic data.
- Design, model, program, and Develop new applications for geospatial applications or procedures.
- Communicate effectively with clients and end-users to ensure that geospatial applications and products meet user needs.
- Implement FEDS Capacity Building and Training strategy including developing and presenting workshops and seminars during Drones Synergies International Conference.
Qualifications and Experience: Essential
- Determine appropriate image data and image analysis techniques needed to fulfill project requirements
- Outline workflows that identify sequence of procedures involved in remotely sensed data including algorithms and processing (e.g. perform object-oriented image classification using specialized software tools)
- Evaluate the thematic accuracy of a data product derived from remote sensing imagery including field data collection for accuracy assessment.
- Produce a metadata document that conforms to a geospatial metadata standard
- Demonstrate familiarity of appropriate uses of geospatial modeling techniques (e.g. neural networks, cellular automata, heuristics, agent-based models, and simulation models) with the existing predictive models and their applications.
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical models of a geospatial database designed using a JAD approach to assess user needs.
- Use GIS techniques to identify an optimal route that accounts for visibility, slope, and specified land uses
- Design a geospatial system architecture that responds to user needs, including desktop, server, and mobile applications
- Use scripting languages such as Python and others to automate repetitive tasks in geospatial software
- Customize geospatial software using proprietary and open source software components, such as ESRI’s ArcObjects, Intergraph’s GeoMedia software suite, and the GeoTools open source project with various SDKs.
- Work effectively in teams to plan and coordinate software and application development.
- M.Sc or M.Eng in Geospatial Sciences, GIS an Remote Sensing, Geomatics Engineering, Geo-informatics with relevant B.Sc / B.Eng in the same or in Geodesy and Surveying, Computer Science or related fields.
- Relevant industrial experience of 5 years or more.
- Experience in automatic geospatial features extraction, modeling and management
- Sound knowledge of quantitative remote sensing and geospatial modelling and analysis
- Proven experience of Geospatial modelling, analysis and programming and using various SDBMS in various SDI environments.
- High level of organization, ability to manage multiple tasks and teamwork.
- High level of proficiency in English and excellent technical/scientific writing skills.
- Experience working in diverse and multi-cultural environments.
- Proven record of proficiency of most commercial geospatial software packages including but not limited to (ArcGIS, QGIS, ENVI, Geomatica, eCognition, ERDAS Imaging, Pix4D, PhotoScan, and Context-Capture).
- Familiarity with Professional Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Industry including fixed-wing and multirotor drones.
- Recognized small drones piloting license.
- Proficiency in Arabic
- Easiness for global mobility and UAE Driving License
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V. combined in one PDF file along
with two names as references to: [email protected]